As many of the UK population will be working remotely for the foreseeable future, we are aware that keeping the same motivation that you have in the office may be difficult. Therefore, here are six easy-to-follow tips that will boost your motivation and keep you feeling great all day!
- Wake up at the same time every day and stick to a routine. Consider making a daily/weekly schedule so you know what you have on each day and what goals you need to achieve.
- Get dressed! There can be nothing worse than starting your day off in your dressing gown as this will increase the chances of you acting lazy and getting less done.
- Maintain regular communication with colleagues and the outside world. Although face-to-face contact is restricted for the time being, communication can still happen easily over the phone, Facetime, Skype, Zoom (plus many more!)
- Create a workspace that is separate from any distractions and avoid cluttering your work around the house.
- Stay focused. Don’t spend all your time on social media, your phone or the internet browsing through pointless things. Always finish the task in hand first before rewarding yourself with a break.
- Go outside! Fresh air can give you a new lease of life and will help increase your productivity throughout the day.