Having paid tax throughout your life on your income, investments and savings, without effective inheritance tax planning your family and beneficiaries may incur a 40% reduction due to inheritance tax. To illustrate this fact, the HMRC received over £3.4bn in IHT receipts during the year 2013/14 [source: HMRC statistics].
Investments in the Deepbridge IHT Service qualify for Business Relief (formerly Business Property Relief) and are therefore 100% inheritance tax-free once held for a minimum of two years.
Most forms of IHT planning involve the creation of complex trusts or gifting arrangements, which require the investor to live a further seven years and typically involve the loss of control over the asset and any income derived from it.
The Deepbridge IHT Service
The Deepbridge IHT Service is a discretionary investment management service that invests in Business Relief qualifying asset-backed renewable energy opportunities that benefit from contractual revenues available under the Renewables Obligation. In doing so, the Service seeks to ensure an enduring focus upon capital preservation. A cost-efficient estate planning component of an investor’s portfolio, the Service can exempt a portion of the Investors estate from IHT, after a two-year holding period.
Designed with you in mind
Whether looking for growth or income from your investment, the Deepbridge IHT Service can work for you:
- The Growth Option: if receiving sufficient income from other sources, investors can maximize protection against inheritance tax by selecting the growth option.
- The Income Option: if sufficient funds are available to invest but investors still require an income from the investment, they can elect to receive an annual target income of 6% per annum.
Maximum tax efficiency
To ensure maximum tax efficiency for the investor, the Deepbridge IHT Service is entirely investor-fee free.
Investors should be aware that investment in smaller unlisted companies (including Business Releif qualifying companies) carries with it a high degree of inherent risk whether or not it is done through a diversified portfolio and regardless of any tax advantages which such an investment might carry and/or any steps taken to attempt to mitigate that risk. Investors should be aware that thier capital is at risk and they may lose all or some of their investment. The stated target return is an indicative figure only and not guaranteed. Please refer to the Deepbridge IHT Service Information Memorandum for further information regarding risks.
Information on this webpage relates to and is provided by Deepbridge Advisers Limited.
The content of this webpage is for intermediary use only and should not be construed as financial advice.
Important Notice - Please agree before continuing
Information contained on this section of the website is not intended for retail investors. It contains details on Deepbridge services and products intended for elective professional clients only, and therefore promotion of such products and services is restricted. Therefore, you are requested to confirm that you are one of the following:
- An Investment Professional or Adviser,
- A High Net Worth Individual,
- A Sophisticated Investor, or
- A Professional Client.
- Market Counter Party
The main differences in regulatory protections afforded retails clients, compared to professional clients, include:
- Communications, including financial promotions made by us with professional clients are not subject to all of the requirements imposed by MiFID on communications with Retail clients.
- Information provisions about Deepbridge Capital LLP, its services, and remuneration that are required with respect to retail clients are not all required with respect to professional clients.
- Professional clients are not eligible complainants with respect to the Financial Ombudsman Services.
- If Deepbridge Capital LLP makes a personal recommendation or manages investments professional client in the course of MiFID or equivalent third party business, it is entitled to assume that, in relation to the products, transactions and services for which the professional client is so classified, the client has the necessary level of experience and knowledge for the purposes of suitability assessment, and where the Deepbridge Capital LLP is required to provide suitability reports to a retail client, in many cases the firm is not required to provide them to a professional client.
- With respect to non-advised services, Deepbridge Capital LLP is not required to request information or adhere to the same procedures when assessing the appropriateness of a given service or product for a professional client.
- Deepbridge Capital LLP may not be required to give warnings to the professional client if Deepbridge Capital LLP cannot determine appropriateness with respect to a given services or product.
By accessing this section of the website, you will view products and services offered by Deepbridge Capital LLP, which is directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 563366. Deepbridge Capital LLP is only permitted to deal with elective professional clients, and is not permitted to engage with retail investors.