Technology Growth Companies
Deepbridge is always looking for Tech Growth investment opportunities. The Deepbridge investment team, chaired by Professor Chris Wood, is highly experienced and well respected in this market.
The types of opportunities Deepbridge is interested in include:
- Innovative products and services
- Innovations which are disruptive to the existing markets
- Growing companies with an energetic, passionate and committed founding team
- Technologies which are:
- resource and energy innovation
- high-function IT
- Revenue generating, seeking commercialisation resource
The Deepbridge Tech Growth EIS seeks to invest in companies in the latter stages of commercialisation. This stage involves progressing a technology to a commercial basis, ensuring it has relevance across several factors: Commercial Relevance, Technology Relevance, and Investment Relevance. This ensures that technologies are solutions to known and defined commercial opportunities, rather than interesting technologies looking for a problem to solve.
Without a high degree of relevance in the market (current and future), even the most interesting technology will struggle to be successful. Commercial Relevance addresses the business viability of a technology looking at various factors such as market size, market need, the competitive landscape, macroeconomic trends and customer needs. As with all technologies, an understanding of the needs of the end user and the ability of the technology to meet these needs in a form acceptable to the end user are keys to the commercialisation process.
A company has to provide evidence that demonstrates that its business model or idea is feasible. While success at the proof of concept stage provides a view into the long term potential, several other factors need to be proven to ascertain whether a technology can make it commercially. These factors include the scalability of the technology, its development roadmap and timing, the funding required to advance the technology, and the pipeline of competing technologies.
Upon completion of an understanding of the commercial and technology relevance, Deepbridge makes a determination as to whether the opportunity would be appropriate for the Deepbridge Technology Growth EIS. While the market for the technology may be favourable, the ability to profit long term needs to be evaluated.
Opportunities will be considered which have the below characteristics:
- A significant market need
- A potential to create new market segments or displace existing market offerings
- A clear and realistic path to commercialisation
- Robust intellectual property
- A committed and engaged founding team
- A clear business plan with defined commercial objectives
- An organisational plan to deliver the defined objectives.
Information on this webpage relates to and is provided by Deepbridge Capital LLP.
Important Notice - Please agree before continuing
Information contained on this section of the website is not intended for retail investors. It contains details on Deepbridge services and products intended for elective professional clients only, and therefore promotion of such products and services is restricted. Therefore, you are requested to confirm that you are one of the following:
- An Investment Professional or Adviser,
- A High Net Worth Individual,
- A Sophisticated Investor, or
- A Professional Client.
- Market Counter Party
The main differences in regulatory protections afforded retails clients, compared to professional clients, include:
- Communications, including financial promotions made by us with professional clients are not subject to all of the requirements imposed by MiFID on communications with Retail clients.
- Information provisions about Deepbridge Capital LLP, its services, and remuneration that are required with respect to retail clients are not all required with respect to professional clients.
- Professional clients are not eligible complainants with respect to the Financial Ombudsman Services.
- If Deepbridge Capital LLP makes a personal recommendation or manages investments professional client in the course of MiFID or equivalent third party business, it is entitled to assume that, in relation to the products, transactions and services for which the professional client is so classified, the client has the necessary level of experience and knowledge for the purposes of suitability assessment, and where the Deepbridge Capital LLP is required to provide suitability reports to a retail client, in many cases the firm is not required to provide them to a professional client.
- With respect to non-advised services, Deepbridge Capital LLP is not required to request information or adhere to the same procedures when assessing the appropriateness of a given service or product for a professional client.
- Deepbridge Capital LLP may not be required to give warnings to the professional client if Deepbridge Capital LLP cannot determine appropriateness with respect to a given services or product.
By accessing this section of the website, you will view products and services offered by Deepbridge Capital LLP, which is directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 563366. Deepbridge Capital LLP is only permitted to deal with elective professional clients, and is not permitted to engage with retail investors.